Jute Table Runner
Jute webbing is commonly used by gardeners for holding plants and trees upright without damage. Used in a more unusual way, it also makes a smart and very cost effective table runner.
A whole roll costs less than $10 and for this project you'll have enough left over to create a few smaller placemats too.
You will need:
Jute garden webbing
Hot glue gun or fabric craft glue
Red cotton thread
1. Cut 6 x lengths of jute webbing each measuring 1650mm and 30 x lengths each measuring 310mm.
2. Arrange the long strips side-by-side then weave a shorter strip across one end. Dab a small amount of glue behind each strip to secure.
3. Continue weaving the shorter strips. For these, it’s not necessary to glue behind each - just at each end.
4. Continue all the way along and secure the other end by gluing behind each strip.
5. Trim the edges if necessary, then using a sewing machine and red cotton thread, sew a hem approximately 10mm all the way around.