Changing your cushions and wall art according to the seasons is so easy. By slipping on some gorgeous new fabric you can have an instant update in minutes!
Start with plain cushions and canvas art panels because they can be dressed up in so many ways. Grab a needle and thread, a staple gun as well as some fun fabric and your set to go.
This clever idea looks so smart and the best thing is, it's completely reversible. Just change the fabric over whenever the mood takes.
You will need:
1 x plain cushion
Sewing machine or needle & thread
1. Measure around the cushion and cut the fabric to suit, allowing a few extra centimeters for sewing. The width of the band you require should be doubled.
2. Lay the fabric facing up, then iron to smooth out any creases. Fold both sides if the band so the seam meets in the middle. Pin together then iron the folded edges.
3. Sew the seams together, iron flat then fold the 'tube' inside out. Iron again so the seam sits at the back.
4. Fold the ends over neatly and stitch together. The band will now appear as a 'loop'. Simply slip this over the plain cushion.
You will need:
Pre-stretched canvas panel (available from art stores)
1. Iron the fabric to remove creases then lay face down on to a clean flat surface.
2. Lay the canvas panel, face down on to the fabric and adjust so the patterns are straight.
3. Using a staple gun, secure the fabric to the canvas, stretching evenly as you go. Work all the way around.
4. Trim away any excess fabric and wire the canvas so it's ready to hang.