Easter String Basket
Natural twine is a bit of a favourite of mine and in our studio there's always a ball or two on hand. I'm loving this hand made little basket, it's raw texture is so appealing. If you're after something a little different this Easter, give this one a go, it's super easy to do and really beautiful.
You will need:
Natural string - jute is ideal
Liquid fabric stiffener - we used Plaid
Strong craft glue or a hot glue gun
1. Blow up your balloon and brush on a layer of fabric stiffener. This helps to hold the string in place.
2. Wrap the string around the balloon. Keep going in different directions until the ballon is covered but you can still see through the layers.
3. Saturate the string by brushing on plenty of fabric stiffener. Leave this to dry over night.
4. Now for the fun part. Pop the balloon using a pin and carefully remove it from inside your string ball.
5. Using sharp scissors, cut the ball in half. One half will be the basket, the other half can be cut to create a handle.
6. Glue the handle securely to the base.
7. Leave natural or decorate with ribbon and fill with eggs.